Saturday, November 7, 2009

Hi Everyone!  This is Katie:-)  We're doing well on our second day with Trey!  Last night was a bit crazy... but we ended up sending Trey to the nursery so we could catch up on sleep.  As heartbroken as I was to do this, I needed to sleep after being up for 24 hrs AND going through a pretty strenuous labor!  Today has been much better.  We've kept Trey on a 2hr feeding schedule, even if he's happy or sleeping, and that has worked well so far.  The only thing that has thrown us off is his circumcision.  It went well, but now he's exhausted and sleeping.  We expect a long night... all the more reason to stay here and take advantage of the nursery again;-)

Pj has been awesome through this whole process!  What a great husband and father:-)  I'm so blessed to have him in my life!  He took care of me and helped me throughout labor and delivery, massaging my feet even when his hands were numb from it, bringing me water and ice-pops, telling me how well I was doing, holding my legs while I pushed.  It's been great!  And Trey LOVES his daddy!  They are currently snuggling on my hospital bed, Trey fast asleep, watching Animal Planet!  We thought our life was great together BEFORE Trey... but its even better with him in it!  We love being a family:-)

I'm doing really well so far too!  I'll post my version of the entire labor story in a few days, but I'll just say right now that it really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be!  And today I was able to have a shower and put my normal clothes on and just do normal stuff... its nice!  I feel like in a few days I'll be pretty much myself, except sleep deprived;-)  I love how light I feel too!  And shirts cover my belly again... life is wonderful:-)

More later!  I need to go rest like a good mama:-)  Here are some more pics!



 

 
 


 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Wasn't it WONDERFUL to take a shower? Hehe :)

    So happy for you...sounds like you guys are off to a wonderful start!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you both.. he is so precious! I remember how awesome it felt to put on clothes that were actually loose for a change! Get some rest and we can't wait to meet him!

    ReplyDelete