Thursday, November 12, 2009

First Week of Trey's Life

Well, the dog is sleeping on one side of the me on the couch... and Trey is on the other side sleeping too... and Mommy has a break to update you all on how life at the Fleming home has been this first week with Trey!

So far, its been a pretty smooth road, with just a bump here and there!  We think we've pretty much figured Trey out now... he likes to sleep alot... eats constantly... rarely fusses unless he has a good reason (hungry, dirty diaper or gas)... and gives us PLENTY of poopy and pee diapers.  He got me good a few nights ago at 1am changing... right in the face!  Today I go to change his diaper and just as I open it, out comes a stream of pee and he decides to take this moment to finish it off with a big poop... but he waited till I could see I suppose.  I had to scrub down the side of the pack'n play after that.  Good job, Trey!  Daddy is so proud of you:-)

So far sleep has not been a huge problem.  The hardest part of the day for us is late evening when we're trying to get Trey to go to bed.  But once he is asleep after a solid feeding, he sleeps for 4-5 hrs, wakes for one feeding in the middle of the night and then sleeps another 4-5 hrs until morning (7ish).

We're really impressed with his hand/eye coordination!  At just a few days of age, he was in his swing clutching at the toys that hang to the side and he got them within the blink of an eye.  He has been very alert since birth... will look people in the eye intently and follow them if they move.  He loves to look at everything!  His favorite thing is to be carried high up on the shoulder so he can look around.  Sometimes he will just lie in bed and look at the toys we have hanging there... for over an hour without a peep out of him.  He makes lots of great faces, including smiles (or I should say, at this age, "looks of contentment").  We just love having him in our life!  It's been great:-)  I can't believe he will be a week old already tomorrow morning at 6:40am!!!

Here are some recent pictures!



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Oh Katie! He is a gorgeous little man!!! He has changed so much already. I love all his little outfits, and I really see you in him (sorry Pj :P). His expressions remind me of Laird a bit...and I love that he is alert! Those babies are so much more exciting and personable!

    Can't wait to meet him. I am so, so happy for you! Please let me know if you need anything!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete