Friday, November 27, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!




 
Trey's Great Aunt Donna and Nana (Pj's mom)



As you can see, there were alot of people there!

  

 
My parents, Mike & Denise Snyder on the left and Pj's parents, Phil & Susie Fleming on the right!


Trey wearing his outfit that Pj picked out for him for his first big event!  His first pair of jeans too:-)





What's the best gift a newborn can give his mother?  A full night of sleep.  And that is exactly what Trey gave me last night.  He was fussy last night but I got him to sleep around midnight.  He stirred a bit in the night enough to wake me up and I was shocked to see that it was already 5am!  I tried to wake him to feed him, but he was out.  He slept until 7:15ish!  I actually woke up before he did:-)  It was wonderful!  And then after he fed and played for 30 minutes or so, I looked down and saw he has fallen asleep again.  So I tucked him in bed with his daddy and I'm having fun relaxing and doing whatever I want this morning!

We had a wonderful first holiday with Trey and our families the other day!  My brother-in-law and his wife came up with the idea of combining families for a big Thanksgiving meal.  So instead of having to choose which family to spend the day with, we were all together.  It was alot of fun!  And Trey actually hung in there pretty well.  We stayed for 3-4 hours and he was held by more people than I can count... but slept through most of it. We finally left when he started getting fussy.  The evening was a bit rough just because I think he was over-tired and over-stimulated from the day.  But, hey, he slept all night!

So Trey is now three weeks old, as of 6:40am this morning!  Its hard to believe next week he will be one month.  This morning I was putting a cute newborn footie pajama on him that he's never worn before and was shocked to find that it wouldn't fit him... he's too long for it now.  Wow!  And the other day he graduated to size 1 pampers... we realized too small pampers might have been the reason he's been leaking so much lately;-)  My little boy is growing so fast!  It's amazing how you can be so excited to see these changes... and yet at the same time so sad to have to say goodbye to those early weeks.  I'm glad we have video footage of him, not to mention more photos than we can count!

Oh, and did I mention that Trey is laughing now?  He's been smiling more and more each day, but recently we noticed that often when he smiles the biggest he will make this gurgling sound... like he's trying to laugh but he just doesn't know how to yet.  It's so adorable!  He will usually do this when Pj is talking baby-talk to him and tickling his tummy.  We also know that he is smiling at us now... not just in general.  This morning while I was feeding him, he looked up at me out of the corner of his eye.  I looked at him and grinned big.  And then he smiled back!  It doesn't get better than that:-)

Well, that's it for now.  My boys are still sleeping... so I might as well get a shower while I still can;-)  Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

1 comment:

  1. So many milestones!!! Trey is already getting to be a big boy!

    I find that diapers that are one size up work best...in other words, Laird (24 lbs) is in the correct weight range for size 3 (16-28 lbs) and 4 (22-37 lbs) diapers, but he wears size 5 (27 lbs +). We switched to size 4 diapers at the beginning of March (he was 5 1/2 months), and then just switched to size 5 about 2 weeks ago (14 months).

    ReplyDelete