Wednesday, October 12, 2011

The Good Days... and The Bad Days

I suppose you blog about the good days... and you blog about the bad days.  This was a bad day.  Actually, the past few days have been really bad days in Mommyland.  I seriously got to the point this morning where I just put my head and my hands and tried to hide for 5 seconds from it all.  Ethan has been crying nonstop pretty much for the past three days.  It's been awful!  If you see me and I have black circles under my eyes, my shirt is on inside out and covered in baby spitup and I'm not sure where I am... that's why.  Thankfully we have an amazing pediatrician who, even though she had a half day today, she stayed late just to see my boys (yes, both of them!).  We found out that Ethan has bad acid reflux and Trey may be developing an allergy (or I should say his existing minor allergy is getting worse) to the dog.  Sigh!  What I had forgotten in between babies is that around 4 weeks babies something happens with the development of the insides of babies (I am too tired to research this to better explain) and acid reflux can become a problem.  I'm glad it was this and not a bad reaction to his vaccination on Monday like I was afraid of.  Anyways, Trey and Ethan are both in bed now (yes, Ethan is actually sleeping without me rocking him constantly in an upright position... asleep in his carseat but whatever works;-)) and I'm about to once I write this all out (writing is my therapy... it helps me get everything out and then I can nap peacefully;-)).  Anyways, I was supposed to finally go get my hair cut and highlighted and have my first big "me" time since Ethan was born... but that is postponed till tomorrow.  Being a parent certainly is not an easy job!  I'm so thankful that not all days are like this.  And I'm thankful for Trey's humor and how he makes me laugh when I want to cry.  As we were coming inside and up our condo steps, I suddenly realized that everything I was saying he was repeating, including when I laughed at him for copying me... then he laughed too.  He is so cute and sweet!  I love my little boys:-)  And another positive note, all this nursing on demand the past few days and constant moving to rock Ethan has allowed me to button up my old jeans again without difficulty... so I suppose you take the good with the bad;-) 

If you think of us, please be praying for Ethan to feel better and for this medicine to work.  The poor little guy has been in pain all the time the past few days and he is probably worn out even more than me for lack of sleep and constant hurting.  And pray for Trey's eye... its still pretty swollen and itchy from where he and the dog were wrestling.  Part of me kind of hopes the allergist we see tells us to get rid of the dog... but I know my boys would not like that;-)

One cute story I'll leave you with... I wish I could get the video on here but it won't work (I'll post it to Facebook though).  The other night I caught Trey laying next to Ethan on the playmat stroking his head and talking to him... it was sooo adorable!  After I stopped the video, Ethan started crying and I told Trey he was okay, that his belly just hurt.  So Trey kissed Ethan's belly and said, "It's okay Baby Etin!"  How sweet is that:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment