Saturday, October 8, 2011

1 Month



Ethan is one month old now!  Hard to believe.  He is now 21 inches long (I measured him this morning) and I'm not sure how much he weighs, but I have a feeling he's around 10 lbs.  We'll know for sure on Monday at his checkup.  He still sleeps alot, but has many hours of awake time now.  He loves to be held and cuddled.  He seems to be a very thoughtful kid... just likes to look around at everything rather.  He loves being bundled up in his blanket, loves looking at Mickey Mouse, still has bright blue eyes and lots of dark hair, although we see some golden hair growing in behind it.  His skin is getting lighter, but is still darker than Trey's was.  He's a chubby little baby, especially when compared to Trey at this age, who was all skin and bones.  For the most part, Ethan is very mellow and laidback.  He doesn't like to be alone though and he prefers to be held all the time (which obviously I can't do;-)).  He eats every 3-4 hours and at night he has been starting to sleep longer stretches, which a few bad nights here and there.  Last night he had a 6 hr and 5 hr stretch which was WONDERFUL!  The only problem is that he is a VERY loud baby.  We call him Squeaker!  He might be deep asleep, but he stretches and moans and squeaks and makes all sorts of noises that wake me up still.  I have to run the fan in our room near me so that I don't hear him as easily, lol!

Trey is 23 months old (yes, he turns 2 next month!!!).  He is really developing alot right now!  I think I said this in the last post, but he can say most of the alphabet... he counted from 1-10 for the first time yesterday... he knows the holes in the moon are called craters and that the red stuff coming out of a "broken mountain" is lava.  He loves going with his Nana (Pj's mom) on Tuesday mornings to storytime at the library and getting new books to read.  He loves going to McDonalds to get fries and coke.  His favorite treat are M&M's.  He still adores milk.  He loves white grape juice but refuses to call it that... apparently its "apple juice" no matter how many times we correct him.  He goes up and down steps by himself, runs like the wind, can play kick ball like nobody's business, and has the most amazing memory ever.  I have to be VERY careful what I say because he won't forget.  The other day I told him I'd get him a treat if he was good in the store.  I thought he might forget... but 1 hr later he reminded me, lol.  We love our first little boy... he is getting so big!  It's amazing that nearly 2 years have gone by.  We will be having a small family Toy Story birthday party next month and pictures to come!

Trey is still doing really well with having a little brother.  He says hi to him every time he gets up, loves to come over and pet his hair and talk to him, tells him its okay when he's crying and makes sure I know he (Ethan) is upset and needs me.  This morning he was very concerned when he came out in the living room and baby Ethan wasn't there.  I had to show him that he was in our bedroom and was okay.  Such a protective big brother!:-)

Big news in my family this week... my sister Sarah and her husband Jeff announced they are pregnant with their first!  She is due next April (so is about 12 weeks pregnant now I think).  I'm so excited for them!  I've already started sending her lots of info and leftover baby stuff we have.  It's been fun!  They are going to be awesome parents:-)

Pj has been working ALOT still.  We thought things would calm down, which they did for a big, but he's super busy again.  Just alot of events, grading, planning lessons, and every else.  He's so great about playing with Trey and Ethan when he comes home each night though, even though he's exhausted.  Whenever he is free, we try to do fun things together as a family.  Next weekend however we will have a date night for the first time since Ethan was born... it will be our 5th anniversary on Friday.  I can't believe we've been married for that long.  It feels like forever... and we've gotten so much done in 5 years... 2 kids and a dog, I got my certificate in graphic design, he got his master's from seminary, etc.  We're looking forward to going out for dinner for a bit just the two of us:-)

I've been enjoying this beautiful weather and getting out a little bit each day with the boys.  It's not as hard as I thought it was going to be.  I have to make sure we run errands in the morning of course, just like I did when it was just Trey.  The hardest part is just getting home in time for lunch and naps.  But Ethan usually sleeps the whole time we are out.  I know that will eventually change and it will get harder as he gets older, but I'll take it as it comes!  This is my favorite time of the year so as long as I can get out now, I'm good.  We had fun today checking out my friend's yardsale in Frederick and then walked around the mall, got cookies, and looked at the animals at the pet store, and bought Trey a Toy Story t-shirt he found at JcPenny!  It was a good day!  So, yes, I am doing just fine.  I still get sore in my incision area, but actually usually that is only from getting in and out of our very tall bed multiple times at night of all things.  During the day I'm fine!










No comments:

Post a Comment