Monday, September 12, 2011

We brought Ethan home from the hospital today.  And later this evening Susie brought Trey home.  It was weird but fun sitting on the couch watching "Toy Story" as a family of four tonight.  I'm sure I'll get used to it.  Trey so far has been really sweet to his baby brother.  He brings him his baby toys and covers him with his little blankets and likes to pet his feet and give his head kisses.  When Ethan cries, Trey gets very concerned and says, "Its okay baby".  He also is able to pronounce Ethan's name pretty well now!  We missed our Trey very much the past four days.  He is singing new songs, saying new sentences and words and has some other things new to us as well... I couldn't help but cry a little bit thinking my first little boy had grown up and while I was giving birth, lol (its the hormones, I know)!

Ethan has had a great day today too.  He didn't make a peep hardly the whole way home in the carseat and spent more than an hour or two completely awake and looking around ar the house form his bouncy chair and trying to touch the toys with his hands.  He just seemed to be taking it all in.  I have to say, we were pretty impressed with his hand/eye coordination too, just like his big brother;-)  We've really had no issues with his feeding and sleeping schedule either.  He's been easy so far (I'm waiting for that to change at any moment;-)).  He feeds for 20 minutes roughly every 2-3 hours and sleeps in between.  He cries only when he's really hungry.  He has tons of poopy and pee diapers... which is a good sign to us that he's getting the nutrition he needs.  We are just so thankful that its been this easy so far.  Again... I say that "now"... we'll see if it stays that way.  I know there is often a calm before the storm with little newborns;-)

Here are some pics from today!








No comments:

Post a Comment