Sunday, September 11, 2011

Note From Katie

Hi All!  This is Katie... I just wanted to type up a quick note to you all to let you know how things are going and to say thank you so much for all the prayers and sweet words people have sent our way.  It's been quite a week!  I never gave my birth plan to my doctor which is good because it definitely didn't go the way I thought it would.  But in the end, the most important thing is that we are all okay... especially our little Ethan.  He is beautiful and we are enjoying having him in our arms!  He's a great sleeper and eater... and every now and then he will have some "awake time" where he just looks around at us and the rest of the room trying to figure this world out:-)  He looks ALOT like Trey, except his hair is darker and he's smaller and, so far, seems calmer and not as alert.  Then again, Trey was a week later when he was born.

As for me, I'm feeling pretty good.  Each day I am able to walk more and have less pain.  It's definitely going to be a long road to full recovery, so I'm so glad that our family has been and will continue to be able to help out alot so I can get better!  We are supposed to be released sometime before 11 tomorrow and I can't wait to go home and just get back to normal... well... the new normal;-)  We are up for some visitors once we get home but please do call or email us first just to make sure we are free and up to it.  Thanks so much for being understanding about us just having family visiting while at the hospital.  We've been trying to take this time to get as much rest as possible, especially me since I lost alot of blood during delivery.  But we can't wait to see  you all and introduce our Ethan to you:-)

Here is the birth announcement I designed for Ethan:

2 comments:

  1. Love the birth announcement, and so glad you're all ok. So glad he's a good sleeper and eater thus far! That'll be helpful!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie,
    Praying you make a full and quick recovery. Ethan is beautiful! Great job on the birth announcement!
    Shannon Bomberger

    ReplyDelete