Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Trey Growing Up

My little boy is growing up so fast!  I realized that after Ethan is born, I might be writing alot about him at first so this is a good time for a Trey update.  I don't know how many people actually read this, but I write them mostly because I'm so bad about keeping his baby book up-to-date.  Atleast I can always go back to my blog and print it out;-)

Trey LOVES his etch-a-sketch.  It's not even a nice one... just a mini $2 one I picked up at Target one day to keep in the car for trips.  But he loves it!  Well this morning he drew a bunch of circles for the first time ever!  So far all his drawing has been scribbling.  I was very proud of him... wish I could save it!

Trey has also been learning colors, shapes, 123, ABC.  He can recognize green and blue alot of times, but not always.  He can recognize numbers, but doesn't know what to call them.  He recognizes all letters, but the only one he can identify are A, B, and C so far.  Speaking of "ABC", I hear this phrase ALL DAY LONG.  He follows me around with his Etch-a-sketch or crayons and paper and says, "ABC, Mama, ABC!" over and over again until I draw it for him.  Then he scribbles for a minute, then it's back to "ABC, Mama, ABC!"  I love that he is learning but wow it gets tiring hearing that over and over and over again. 

The other phrase I hear all the time repeatedly is just my name, "Mama? Mama? Mama" "What Trey?" "Aerhhfdoahdsfih" "Ok Trey, that sounds good"... two seconds later, "Mama? Mama? Mama?"  And this goes on all day long.  Sometimes if I pretend I don't hear him calling me he will go on forever and grab my leg.  I suppose I should enjoy this while it lasts... eventually I will think its cute and not annoying;-)

I haven't mentioned the new member of our household... Barney.  I introduced Trey to Barney one day just to distract him and he fell in love with him.  Now that's all he wants.  I can't stand Barney, but I have to say the show does a good job in teaching basics.  Trey has learned alot and will even sing the songs!  I may not love Barney, but I like it alot better than the new Sesame Street!  I did get him a little Barney doll and he carries it around everywhere in addition to Duckie #1, Duckie #2, and Bob the Tomato:-)

Most of our days lately have been pretty much the same since my energy level has dropped.  We often go for a walk in the morning around town in the stroller... or we go play at the park for a little bit.  Then we come home and get the paper and crayons out and draw things, plus work on shapes, colors, 123s and ABCs.  We play with the blocks and cars and balls... typical boy stuff.  Trey doesn't want to be read to much lately.  He isn't reading as much as he used to either, but sometimes I will find him surrounded by a pile of books he reads to his stuffed animals.

A new thing I've noticed these days is that he plays pretend.  He will get his farm animals out and set them up side by side and have them pretend to talk to each other.  He also likes to arrange his cars a certain way and will make sounds as they zoom across the floor.

In terms of food, Trey has gotten alot less picky!  Part of this has to do with our new rule of you eat it or you leave.  But he will eat bread with jelly on it (but still doesn't always like peanut butter).  He no longer loves cheese and bananas as much as he used to.  But he loves cereal with milk on it and yogurt, peas, broccoli, hot dogs.  He will eat hamburger sometimes now (yay!).  His favorite is shrimp and salmon!  And the big thing lately... milk.  Seriously that is all he wants.  We have been going through more than a gallon a week just the three of us.  And the other end has been solid so I suppose he's not lactose intolerant after all like we kept thinking he was;-)  I'm glad he asks for milk and not juice all the time!

I had attempted potty training last week when he kept asking where his potty went (I put it away since I didn't think it was time yet).  So whenever I went, I put him on his potty... but he didn't seem to care for that.  I think I'm still going to just wait until later this year.  I've got to much coming way soon to worry about being consistent with that!

That's it for now!  I could go on and on about Trey but I need to take a little nap before this day gets crazy!  I will post tomorrow after my drs appointment with an update on Ethan!



No comments:

Post a Comment