Monday, August 1, 2011

Just A Few Weeks Left...

This pregnancy has flown by so fast!  I'm 34 weeks now and definitely starting to feel all the fun stuff that comes with carrying a big baby around in your belly.  The doctor and I think Ethan may have dropped into position, but I won't know for sure until my sonogram tomorrow.  Be praying for that the results of this final sonogram are good... it will determine whether the placenta is far enough away to not need a c-section (which I REALLY don't want, if you haven't noticed from past posts;-)).  But, then again, as long as we have a healthy baby, we'll do what we have to do.... uh, I mean I will do what I have to do (yeah, Pj just gets to sit there and wait lucky guy!). 

I had an appointment today and everything looks great otherwise -- my blood pressure is perfect, weight gain perfect, energy level normal, Ethan's heart rate is in the 130's and he's very active!  In fact, he was so active that today I was sitting on the couch talking to my mother-in-law and all of a sudden a foot popped out of my belly.  It freaked me out at first!  After that we could just see him doing his kicks over and over again.  Trey got to feel him kick too.  It freaked him out a little bit, but then he got excited.  When I ask him where his brother is, he points to my belly.  It's cute!  Hopefully when Ethan is in our arms he will figure out its the same baby!

Trey has a big growth spurt we think the past few weeks.  We were watching him run around today and he looks so tall and lean (not that he was every a chubby baby to begin with), definitely like a toddler and nothing like a baby anymore.  Its sad but exciting at the same time.  However we are also dealing with tantrums like never before.  He is very particular about wanting to do things his way and in his time... which leads to spanks and the time out chair often.  Sometimes I feel like I spend my entire day disciplining... but it helps that we see progress in some areas.  We bought Trey his first tricycle ($10 off of Craig's List... woohoo!) last week and took him up to the basketball court behind our house to try it out.  He's sort of got the idea that you have to push the pedals, but he would rather stand behind and push the bike.  But I'm sure by the end of the summer he will get it!  He is also starting to learn some of his letters, numbers, shapes and colors.  He can identify A, B, and C... but then all the rest of the letters he can't tell apart (other than identifying them as letters and not something else).  We're working on it!

Work is starting to get busier for Pj.  It's hard to believe students come back in less than a month I think.  I don't know if I mentioned this before, but in addition to being dean of students and family, he will be teaching a high school Bible class and a senior thesis class.  He's really looking forward to that, as he can use some of his knowledge from seminary (plus he gets an excuse to buy more books;-)).

As for me, I've been nesting big time.  Everything is ready.... everything is clean.... meals are being prepared.... lists are being made, lol.  There isn't much left for me to do... besides installing the newborn carseat, but there is no rush for that since we know how to do it now.  I did work on a project to create some art for Ethan's wall above his crib... which was bare before (pics below).  But I've also been getting tired and achy so I've spent alot of time off my feet on the couch rewatching "One Tree Hill" or just whatever I've been in the mood for.  I feel so lazy doing that, but it helps that I'm supposed to be resting so I don't feel as guilty;-)

That's it for now!  Once I know the results of the sonogram, I will post:-)  Here are some pictures!




No comments:

Post a Comment