Friday, August 12, 2011

Our Fun 24 Hrs at Shady Grove Adventist!

Hi All!  Well just when I thought I was going to have a peaceful week without drama, the dog had to go pee on the floor!  Yesterday morning Trey and I were playing on the porch with bubbles.  It was so beautiful out and I was looking forward to all our fun plans for the day!  Without elaborating, the dog was mad and did his business on the floor, as I go clean up the poop part of it, I slipped on the pee I didn't know about, fell straight on my big 36 week pregnant belly and slid across the kitchen floor.  So I called the doc and they told me to go straight to the hospital for a non-stress test to make sure the baby and I were okay.  So I packed up Trey and the diaper bag and drove there (we met Pj there because he had already gone to work).  Well, I was shocked to find out when we had been there for an hour that my doctor wanted me to be monitored for 24 hrs, thus admitted overnight.  Agghhh, I was so frustrated!  At the same time, we are so thankful we have care for me and the baby too.  But its still frustrating that all that had to happen.  Ethan was active the entire time, so I knew he was alive... that was good.  They quickly assessed that everything seemed okay and I wasn't bleeding and my blood test came back that my blood and the baby's blood had not mixed, which was good.  But what Dr. Simmonds explained to me later that day when I saw him is that when you fall on a pregnant belly (especially at this point) it can shake the placenta like a sponge in a balloon (yes, that is the analogy he used even though I don't quite understand it).  The shake from the fall can sometimes rip the placenta form the wall causing bleeding that would obviously not be good.  So Mr. Placenta just really wants ALL the attention in this pregnancy I suppose.

Pj was so wonderful taking care of Trey this whole time (keeping a toddler busy in a hospital waiting from for 1 1/2 hrs while I was getting assessed in triage is not easy), getting our overnight stuff, taking Trey to Nana's for the night, going back to work and getting stuff done, and then coming back and staying with me... he should get a metal!  I love you, honey:-)  I spent the day yesterday doing what I hate most... laying awake in bed and not allowed to do ANYTHING.  I read Style magazine and discovered there are way to many ads and not enough articles, but was thankful to finally find HGTV.  It was a long day!

Dr. Simmonds, who was on call at the time, is head of my practice and is such a great doctor!  I loved him!  On his break between births he came in really relaxed with a cup of coffee and asked if I could be his guinea pig for teaching the group of six midwives how to do something in particular on the sonogram machine... so that was fun.  I got to see that my little boy decided while he was at the hospital to go from head down to being breech, but then he turned head down again before we left this morning, lol!  I also got to see the midwives get really nervous as they had to practice in from of Dr. Simmonds.  You never think of doctors being nervous and unsure about what they are doing... so it was a neat perspective to see!

I was released this morning and everything looks good, I just have to try to not do anything except what is necessary until my checkup next week... what else is new, sigh!  I'll tell you, this pregnancy is really really wearing on me with all this drama.  Adoption is looking REALLY nice after this one!!;-)  But just wanted to let you all know what's been going and that we are just fine now but please pray that nothing else goes wrong before (or during) labor... we've had enough;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment