Thursday, October 22, 2009

No changes...

Hi Everyone!  Just a quick update... I had a doctor's appointment today and everything is still status quo.  I was very frustrated with this, but she reassured me that even if I had dilated alot that it wouldn't have necessarily meant anything.  So it's just a wait and see game now! 

They do want me to get the H1N1 shot, which is available today, tomorrow and Saturday for the pregnant women only at the office.  They are really pushing it and apparently keeping a list of the preggo women who do and don't.  I'm signed up to go tomorrow, but not entirely sure yet if I will.  At this point, I don't know if I would pass much immunity on to the baby anyways.  The doctor told me that it was mostly for my safety and that the death rate is 6% for pregnant women who get H1N1.  I don't know if I believe that statistic either!  Thankfully, I'm getting some second opinions from doctors soon through my mother-in-law to see the risk versus the benefit!!

No comments:

Post a Comment