Saturday, September 8, 2012

Ethan is One!

I've been meaning to post on here for a while, but the boys have been keeping me busy!  But Pj has Trey this morning (taking him to the zoo for special daddy/son time), and I've just got Ethan (who is currently in a trance while watching "Veggie Tales";-)), so yay for blogging time!

I can't believe Ethan will be one tomorrow.  This day last year I was admitted into the hospital to be induced.  It was such a crazy day.  I went to the drs for that pesty sinus infection and thank God I did because they found out my blood pressure was high.  And so they sent me to the ob/gyn who did a sonogram and found out the amniotic fluid was very low.  And so off to the hospital we went!  Looking back now, all the dizziness and feeling nauseous makes sense.  I kept thinking it was just the sinus thing.  Anyways, I don't want to talk about that... I want to talk about Ethan!

Ethan is doing great... he's really taking off now (literally!).  In fact right at this moment he is pulled himself up to standing and is holding onto my foot while I sit here.  He is cruising all over the place.  He never crawled like a normal baby much... just pulls himself around army style.  But he gets where he wants to get fast!  Strong arms I guess;-)  He can stand on his own without holding anything for atleast a minute now and does that often... he gets a kick out of being able to do that (and the cheering he gets too I think).  He's still a pretty quiet baby, but loves to laugh and wrestle with his brother.  Sometimes they have laughing contests in the car... its funny to hear Ethan copy Trey's every sound.  Ethan's favorite two things to do are to read books and to snuggle stuffed animals.  He LOVES stuffed animals... he will instantly hug them and lay his head down on them.  He loves to study their faces.  Speaking of which, if you ask him where your nose is he will point to it.  He loves to point:-) 

Trey is not so sure about sharing his toys.  At first he thought it was cool Ethan could move over to where he was but now you'll often see Trey making a wall around his toys when Ethan is on the move.  I'm sure there are some fun days of fights ahead;-)

Ethan has gotten really tall and lean now, although he still his pudgy cheeks and arms:-)  I need to measure him... he looks so tall.

There is so much I could say about my littlest boy, but now as I sit down to write about him its really hard to figure out what to write.  I am so happy we have videos because I know a year from now (just like with Trey) I will quickly forget what he was like as a little baby.  The years go by too fast!  I can hardly believe Trey will be 3 so soon.

Tomorrow we will be having a The Very Hungry Caterpillar themed birthday party for him!  Pictures to come:-)  I will write about Trey and the rest of us next time... this is for Ethan.  Happy 1st Birthday my sweet little monkey:-)


No comments:

Post a Comment