Thursday, March 1, 2012

Ethan Is Almost 6 Months Old Already!

I just realized the other day that my little Ethan is almost half a year old.  Where did the time go?  He's grown way too fast.  And so I figured it was time to write a post just for Ethan!

My little linebacker is currently jumping wildly in his Baby Einstein activity jumper.  He loves that thing!  Sometimes he will jump for an hour or more.  Strong legs I guess!  Lately he really wants to be upright, but unfortunately he is not moving much yet so its up to us.  He still hates being on his belly.  When on his back he will roll almost all the way over, but not quite.  When he's on his belly he will get super mad and push himself up into a crawling position, but that's usually the only time.  It's okay though.  We're not in a rush!  He will sit on his own for minute or two if we put him that position.  He loves that!

And yes, Ethan is still a big dude!  In January he was 16 lbs.  February he was 18 lbs.  I wouldn't be surprised if he were 19 now.  I haven't measured him in a while, but he's atleast 26 or 27 inches.  So he's by no means small;-)  I used to carry Trey easily around in one arm while doing stuff but with Ethan my arms wears out fast.  I have noticed I've got a some pretty good muscles on my arms showing though thanks to him;-).

Ethan loves to eat his solid food!  I still nurse alot, but sometimes at lunch and always at dinner he will eat rice cereal mixed either with applesauce, banana, pear, sweet potato.  We tried carrots and he didn't like that!  I mixed broccoli in with the sweet potato (recipe in my baby food cook book) and he liked that.  Oh, and we tried avocado and he thought it was okay.

One thing we enjoy the most about our Ethan is that he LOVES to cuddle with people.  He is most content just sitting on someone's lap and looking around.  He loves to "attack" my face with slobbery kisses.  He loves to play hide-and-seek.  If he has human-interaction, he's a happy camper.  I look forward to the day when Trey actually wants to play with him too.  He ADORES Trey!  When Trey enters the room, no one else matters.  His eyes are glued to Trey's every move.  He will smile the biggest for Trey!  It's so sweet.  And Trey has gotten alot better about loving his brother.  He will ask to hold him sometimes.  He will bring him toys and blankets.  He still gets very concerned if Ethan is crying and will let me know he needs help.

Ethan's hair never really fell out (except for where it rubbed off on the back of the head) and now its thickening up.  It's like light brown with some gold in it.  Pretty much the same color as mine when I was little (except a little darker).  His eyes are still mostly dark blue/gray with specks of either green or brown (hard to tell which at this point).  He still has a darker skin tone than Trey!

And so that is our Ethan!  We love him so much and are excited to see what sort of little boy he grows to be.  I have a feeling he will be alot more laid back and calmer than Trey though... which is okay... you can only deal with on Trey at a time;-)



No comments:

Post a Comment