Saturday, April 16, 2011

We're having a boy!

On Friday I went in for my big sonogram and we found out that we're having a boy!  Apparently he is a very wiggly little baby because the technician was having a difficult time getting the photos she needed for the doctor.  I'm going to have to go in again next week, which means another chance to see him again.  People have asked if we cared one way or the other.  Honestly I didn't really care whether it was a boy or girl, but we did think it would be good timing to have a boy for Trey's sake... he needs a buddy!  Plus, we have everything we need for a boy and the timing is close enough that this one will be able to wear all of Trey's old clothes for the most part (depending on how he grows;-)).  So we're very excited of course!  A bunch of our friends are having boys this summer as well, so he'll have plenty of friends his age too.

I have a bunch of cute pictures from the sonogram but will upload them later once I get them scanned into the computer!

So I'm 19 weeks right now... next week I will be halfway through the pregnancy!  It's gone by super fast so far.  I can still wear all my old clothes for the most part, but I am opting for maternity pants alot of the time now just because they are more comfortable.  This baby feels like an active one, just like Trey was, kicking and moving around all the time.  So I'm wondering if I have another high energy boy on the way... maybe the two will wear each other out.

Trey will be 1 & 1/2 on May 6th!  We've had so much fun watching him grow the past weeks.  He says "pease" for "please" now and its so adorable we can never say no when he does that, especially Pj!  He says "Daddy" for Pj and "Money" for me (instead of "Mommy").  If we ask him what a rooster makes the right sound, and the same for a cat.  He says "yes" and "no" although most times "yes" sounds like "yet"!  I bought him this new toy last week that is a string with a bunch of wood farm animals that  you string onto it.  He loves it and will make me a necklace and bring it over and put it on my neck.  His favorite thing to do is take walks and to play on the playground, particularly the slides.  He has no fear of slides and will got down head first on his stomach and laugh the whole way!

Since Pj has been so busy with work at the school the past month or two, we had a family weekend last week.  Saturday we watched movies and relaxed and then on Sunday we went to the DC zoo.  We figured since it was a nice cool cloudy day that no one else would be there, but apparently everyone else and their brother thought the same thing.  But it was still fun!  We were curious to see what Trey would think or if he would even notice the animals.  He loved it!  His favorite for the elephants I think.  He just seemed so fascinated with everything.  We had the stroller with us, but let him walk holding Pj's hand alot of the time since that's what he prefers.  He was beaming.  I think he felt like a big boy getting to walk like everyone else.  It definitely wore him out... he fell asleep two seconds after he was in his carseat!  It was a good day:-)

That's it for us for now!





No comments:

Post a Comment